Where'd You Go, Bernadette - Maria Semple As far as the book.... Well, I say... meh. I finished it today. It was ok. As I've said before, chick lit is not really my genre, but this looked like it could be a fun book so I thought I'd give it a try. It might be better than some chick lit out there (I don't have much experience to compare it against), but imo it got a bit tedious reading most of the book in the style of letters, emails, reports, yada, yada.... Plus, the writing style of one of the characters in the book was extremely annoying! Because everything was empahsized! Like it was so important! And urgent! And reading a couple of pages of that repeatedly through the book made me want to yell! I think I felt stressed out after reading those sections! Not sure I cared a lot about most of the characters either.... It's certainly a quick enough read though.

A side comment -- I'm starting to see more & more product references in books these days. It's starting to be like glaring product placement in movies (i.e., Heineken in James Bond, anyone?). Lately, books have over-mentioned (drooled over?) products/companies including Microsoft (Where'd You Go, Bernadette?), Google (Mr. Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore), Apple & Ikea (The Girl Who... series). I'm just starting to get a little burned out on all the specific product references, kwim? Anyone else noticing that? Perhaps I should make time to read Infinite Jest, huh? ;-)