The Prisoner of Heaven: A Novel - Carlos Ruiz Zafon Quite enjoyable. Now I may have to go back and read The Angel's Game (which I haven't read yet). Also wondering if the next book will be the last & final chapter...?

It has been quite a few years since I read The Shadow of the Wind. Yet, when reading The Prisoner of Heaven, I felt a pretty strong sense of déjà vu. I'm not sure if this stems from things I remembered from the first book or because of strong parallels to The Count of Monte Cristo or what.... So, for a good portion of the book, I felt like I knew what was going to happen w/ just the final parts being 'new' to me. Still, it was a decent, quick read. I'd rate it similar to The Shadow of the Wind, but w/ less gothic horror.

After mulling over The Prisoner of Heaven, I remembered one thing I wanted to say about it.... The POV bothered me in parts & here's why -- Fermin is recounting his past & it's like you're transported to that time/place. However, at times, there is much detail about people (mainly a person named Valls) & events going on w/ that person, but Fermin was not there, so how can he know to that level of detail? I guess I found the shift between 1st person & 3rd person POVs not great in parts of the book. Not a big deal, but more of a nagging feeling going on in my head when I was reading....