The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern I'm in love with this book. Utterly enchanted. This story shows the loveliest form of words, the power of words to enchant, to entrall, to entertain. Imagination & dreams to carry you on a looping journey of magic, fantastic vistas, travel, performers, a circus, and the age-old tradition of storytelling itself.

A book for the dreamer in all of us.

A couple of quotes from the book, to me, sum up the beauty of this story as it completes the delightful circle of storytelling....

-----

"I find I think of myself not as a writer so much as someone who provides a gateway, a tangential route for readers to reach the circus. To visit the circus again, if only in their minds, when they are unable to attend it physically. I relay it through printed words on crumpled newsprint, words they can read again and again, returning to the circus whenever they wish, regardless of time of day or physical location. Transporting them at will.

When put that way, it sounds rather like magic, doesn't it?"

-----

"It is important," the man in the grey suit interrupts. "Someone needs to tell those tales. When the battles are fought and won and lost, when the pirates find their treasures and the dragons eat their foes for breakfast with a nice cup of Lapsang souchong, someone needs to tell their bits of overlapping narrative. There's magic in that. It's in the listener, and for each and every ear it will be different, and it will affect them in ways they can never predict."