Osa and Martin: For the Love of Adventure - Kelly Enright This is a fairly interesting biography of Osa & Martin Johnson (mainly set from the 1910s to the 1940s), who were known/wildly popular for their photos & films of Africa (& the South Pacific). In addition to their photos, films, lecture circuits, the Johnsons also provided specimens/dioramas used in natural history museums & brought animals to various zoos in the US. Prior to reading this, I had never really thought about the person/people behind the stuffed animal exhibits in museums. Although they started out hunting on their African trips, they later morphed into being bigger proponents of not hunting (for the most part) & leaving the animals in their natural habitats. More of the book focused on Osa, who was an impressive adventurer.

Some of their time spent in the South Pacific was in search of cannibal tribes to film. Having read Thor Heyerdahl's "Fatu-Hiva" (about his time living in the South Pacific, part of the time w/ the last remaining cannibal of a particular tribe), this was another interesting glimpse of life on remote islands about 100 years ago.

I enjoyed the photos that were included from their various trips & safaris. (However, there were a few typos in the book that bugged me.)