11/22/63 - Stephen King All right, after trying my first-ever Stephen King novel, I'm giving up after about 100 or so pages.... The book premise is pretty cool & enticing, but so far the characters & setting are pretty boring, SK has been repetitive in describing things (I can already tell that there should have been some serious editing in this book), & I can already forsee a lot of where this plot is going (which I just confirmed by reading some reviews w/ spoilers). What a waste of a great premise. So, I'm not impressed, haven't become a SK fan, & I'm happy to return this one to the library so a SK fan who is waiting for the book can go ahead & read it.

Btw, if you want a smart, funny, well-written book with time-travel, I highly recommend "The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack" by Mark Hodder. What makes it really interesting is that there really was an unknown character terrorizing London who was referred to in the press as Spring Heeled Jack. Hodder has done his homework, selected some great characters (including using Richard Burton, explorer, linguist, Renaissance man), & created a taut, mesmerizing tale. Too bad that SK hasn't managed to do the same thing....